Radisys expands access portfolio with the launch of Connect Open Broadband
22 May 2020
Radisys® Corporation , a leading global provider of open telecommunications solutions, launched Connect Open Broadband , a Tier 1 network-hardened, scalable and secure software-defined carrier-grade PON distribution ( Passive Optical Network) based on open standards and a web-scale architecture to drive rapid innovation and economies of scale. The disaggregated PON solution offers CSPs delivery flexibility (Communications Service Providers), scalable network growth and increased service agility with optimized CapEx and OpEx.
- The demand for high-speed broadband services such as the Internet, video calls and conferences, and IPTV has led to a massive increase in network data usage like never before. As a result, the networks of CSPs are increasingly overloaded. Service providers need to optimize their networks to efficiently scale service delivery while maximizing the ability to quickly deliver innovation.
- Connect Open Broadband from Radisys offers an intelligent, scalable and secure software-defined PON distribution that is based on the SEBA reference platform of the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and has been expanded with Radisys innovation. This architecture enables the OB-BAA architecture of the broadband forum to be seamlessly introduced, following the standard YANG models with the Northbound Interface (NBI).
- The solution separates software from the underlying hardware with open interfaces and thus enables faster product innovation cycles. The hardware-independent solution enables service providers to use white box OLTs (Optical Line Terminals) from an interoperable ecosystem with multiple providers for flexible options.
- Connect Open Broadband is based on a cloud-native microservices architecture, enables the addition of new network functions if required and offers a way to automated and simplified network operation. Programmability, automation, and deeper network visibility also enable better error detection, faster service delivery, and future-proof network expansions.
- The solution is independent of the access network (GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2) and offers flexible deployment options.
- "In the digital age, where high-bandwidth services and connectivity are required to meet subscriber expectations, service providers are rethinking how to build their networks to meet demand with optimal performance and value," said Harris Razak , Senior Vice President of Broadband Access, Radisys. "Connect Open Broadband is a ready-to-use, network-ready solution that enables service providers to quickly innovate through disaggregation and bring new services to market faster."
- “Radisys has been a partner of ONF for many years and one of the most active members of the supply chain that works directly with our operating partners. Radisys has helped drive ONF open reference designs and open source platforms and is among the first to commercialize solutions based on ONF platforms, ”said Guru Parulkar, Executive Director of ONF. "Radisys Connect Open Broadband combines open architectures, software innovations and white box hardware to improve service agility."
- "Broadband service providers are under increased pressure to provide innovative services to compete with OTT providers," said Simon Stanley, an analyst at Large, Heavy Reading. "Open, disaggregated solutions give service providers the flexibility to choose top-notch network elements from a range of providers to intelligently scale their networks and provide the services their customers want at low cost."
Solution description: Access to Connect Open Broadband
Webinar with intensive reading: Charge your fiber optic broadband service on May 21st at 12:00 ET
Radisys is a leading global provider of open telecommunications solutions and services. The company's disaggregated platforms and integration services use open reference architectures and standards combined with open software and hardware that enable service providers to drive open digital transformation. Radisys offers a complete portfolio of solutions from digital endpoints to disaggregated and open access solutions and core solutions to immersive digital applications and customer loyalty platforms. Its first-class and experienced network service organization delivers complete lifecycle services that enable service providers to build and operate highly scalable and high-performance networks with an optimal total cost of ownership structure.www.Radisys.com .
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The source language in which the original text is published is the official and authorized version. Translations will be included for a better understanding. Only the language version that was originally published is legally valid. Therefore, compare translations with the original language version of the publication.
Nereus for Radisys
Lori Mesecke, +1 503-459-9150